05-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Absolutely fun program! I made something on it, this is my progress for my first 3d Dot creation:
(Images are shoved in spoilers)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Step 1: I grabbed my source image. I decided I would make a Cacodemon from Doom. I decided to use only this image for the source and use my memory to build anything that isn't just his face.
[spoiler]![[Image: 3ddotpic01.png]](http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8134/3ddotpic01.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic02.png]](http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8845/3ddotpic02.png)
[/spoiler]
Step 2: I made two basic 2d images as reference to build off of.
[spoiler]![[Image: 3ddotpic04.png]](http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3089/3ddotpic04.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic05.png]](http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2577/3ddotpic05.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic06.png]](http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2523/3ddotpic06.png)
[/spoiler]
Step 3: I filled out the 3d shape. It was a tad disorienting trying to make a spherical monster, but I think I got the basic shape of the Cacodemon down in the end.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Step 4: It felt bland, so I added a tiny bit of pixel shading and a couple more details. NOW he feels finished!
Click here to download my Cacodemon save (both detailed and bland versions!)
I can see myself spending a lot of time with this program. Great job!
(Images are shoved in spoilers)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Step 1: I grabbed my source image. I decided I would make a Cacodemon from Doom. I decided to use only this image for the source and use my memory to build anything that isn't just his face.
[spoiler]
![[Image: 3ddotpic01.png]](http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8134/3ddotpic01.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic02.png]](http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8845/3ddotpic02.png)
[/spoiler]Step 2: I made two basic 2d images as reference to build off of.
[spoiler]
![[Image: 3ddotpic04.png]](http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3089/3ddotpic04.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic05.png]](http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2577/3ddotpic05.png)
![[Image: 3ddotpic06.png]](http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2523/3ddotpic06.png)
[/spoiler]Step 3: I filled out the 3d shape. It was a tad disorienting trying to make a spherical monster, but I think I got the basic shape of the Cacodemon down in the end.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Step 4: It felt bland, so I added a tiny bit of pixel shading and a couple more details. NOW he feels finished!
Click here to download my Cacodemon save (both detailed and bland versions!)
I can see myself spending a lot of time with this program. Great job!

