Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Some advice.
#5
I predominantly use pens, which as most know, usually don't erase. Erasable pens in my experience suck.

How I used them was:

Draw in red pen
Do the good lines in Blue or Black
Scan the image into Photoshop
Go to the Red Alpha Channel (thusly the red lines blend into the white)
Select all, inverse, paint bucket black on a new layer (Select everything on the Red-Alpha channel, which selects all the white at whatever strength)
Back a background white layer, merge with the black layer made from the Red-Alpha
Go to 'Levels' and tweak the image
If necessary, tweak with Contrast settings.

I generally liked the results I got from that. I use Red pens as the sketch colour because red ink is lighter than blue or green, and it is thusly far less from 255 of that colour. Its not perfect, but its a neat trick.


Messages In This Thread
Some advice. - by Koopaul - 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM
RE: Some advice. - by LeleleleMAXIMUM - 09-12-2009, 05:57 AM
RE: Some advice. - by Koopaul - 09-12-2009, 04:58 PM
RE: Some advice. - by Vipershark - 09-12-2009, 08:26 PM
RE: Some advice. - by Dark Ultima - 09-13-2009, 04:44 AM
RE: Some advice. - by LeleleleMAXIMUM - 09-13-2009, 10:28 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)