Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Game Maker 8 is out.
#2
One of the first things I noticed was that they finally put in support for alpha transparency straight from the image editor which makes putting in nice FX and other transparent images much easier. Linking the mask to the sprite was helpful for sure.

After testing one of my old games I can tell that it loads MUCH faster and I don't get the FPS drop I used too from my poor optimization of the game.

There's a whole bunch of other new features as well and I can honestly say that I like what they've done with it. It already a significantly better upgrade than GM 6 to GM7.


Messages In This Thread
Game Maker 8 is out. - by Vipershark - 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Shadowth117 - 08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by DioShiba - 08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Raytheon - 08-19-2009, 03:54 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Gors - 08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Codestar - 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Vipershark - 08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Codestar - 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Vipershark - 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Codestar - 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Vipershark - 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Codestar - 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM
RE: Game Maker 8 is out. - by Vipershark - 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)