Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Recruiting a spriter for my project
#1
Ok... I didn't want to resort to begging for help, but there's little choice now. I need a spriter for my project. This is a platform shooter with some RPG elements. For right now, I just need my main character so I can get on with the main production. Basically, this is what she needs to look like:

-Sprite size: appx. 16x32. Doesn't have to be exact, but should at least work ok with a 16x32 collision mask over it if it's bigger than that.
-The character's name is Celentine. She's a natural irish-looking redhead (fiery orange hair) with green eyes.
-Her hair is longer than shoulder length and completely straight.
-She wears a purplish (magenta, maybe) colored dress. The dress is torn off just above knee length, and in general her attire looks worn and ratty.
-Shoes aren't a terribly important detail. Maybe just slippers that match her dress.

This is something I attempted to do with Chumbucket's platformer outline (and utterly failed). You can use this as a rough reference.
[Image: 2.png]

The animations I need are
  • Standing
  • Walking/Running (these can be two different animations, or one walking animation that looks fine sped up for running)
  • Jumping
  • Falling
  • Ducking
  • Shooting 9mm hangun (standing, running, ducking, and midair)
  • Swinging a broadsword (same as with the gun)
  • Looking up
  • Getting hurt
  • Dead (fallen over on the ground)

I'm not going for any specific style right now. 16-bit at least.. maybe either something kinda anime-realism like Tales of Phantasia or Ogre Battle, or a lighter, more comical style would work too. Whatever style this is done in, I'll eventually need some NPCs and enemies done in the same style, but if I just get Celentine for now, I can start working on the bulk of the game. If this all seems like too big of a project, then if someone made some sort of template, I could make most the NPCs myself. Just an idea....

just FYI, at this point in time, I don't know if this game is just going to be a personal project or if it will wind up getting sold. If it goes commercial, any graphic artists involved will split some of the profit, of course.


Messages In This Thread
Recruiting a spriter for my project - by TKM - 06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
RE: Recruiting a spriter for my project - by TKM - 06-14-2009, 12:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)