Posts: 6,699
Threads: 104
Joined: Jun 2008
09-19-2008, 07:32 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2008, 07:35 AM by Alpha Six.)
i can't believe there wasn't a topic for this.
![[Image: poster1t.jpg]](http://www.cyberfanatix.com/img/news/kofxii/t/poster1t.jpg)
anyway, KOF XII is going to be the newest installment to the KOF series. however, unlike the previous KOF games, this will be a true next-gen KOF, as
all of the sprites are going to be redone in high definition.
oh and did i mention? there's no 3D ANYTHING in this game. everything is hand-drawn. score one for 2D gaming.
i mean seriously JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT (incoming screens)
![[Image: 001.jpg]](http://www.speksnk.org/host/admin/wesker/uploads/001.jpg)
![[Image: 002.jpg]](http://www.speksnk.org/host/admin/wesker/uploads/002.jpg)
![[Image: 003.jpg]](http://www.speksnk.org/host/admin/wesker/uploads/003.jpg)
![[Image: 004.jpg]](http://www.speksnk.org/host/admin/wesker/uploads/004.jpg)
![[Image: 005.jpg]](http://www.speksnk.org/host/admin/wesker/uploads/005.jpg)
http://gigazine.jp/img/2008/09/18/kof_xii/kofxii_01.jpg (note: huge screen)
http://gigazine.jp/img/2008/09/18/kof_xii/kofxii_02.jpg (again)
http://gigazine.jp/img/2008/09/18/kof_xii/kofxii_03.jpg (again)
Famitsu Screens:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218123_1124.html
Gameplay Videos:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm
oh yes.
if you consider yourself a true fighting game connoisseur, you'll be getting this.
hell, if you even consider yourself a 2D gamer you're getting this.
Posts: 4,150
Threads: 68
Joined: May 2008
What if I consider myself as not much of a KOF player, and the only character I like from the series is Iori? And maybe Terry?
Athena can go die in a hole.
Posts: 6,699
Threads: 104
Joined: Jun 2008
LOOK AT IT
you're gettin it.
Posts: 3,049
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2008
I must say just seeing these sprites in motion is worth my money and heck if Metal Slug looks like this one day I think I'll die of happiness. This is why sprites rule.
Posts: 2,824
Threads: 69
Joined: May 2008
if i had some extra money
i would buy this
Posts: 1,410
Threads: 16
Joined: May 2008
Looking forward to this for a long time.
Updated graphics are yes.
Posts: 166
Threads: 21
Joined: May 2008
(09-19-2008, 08:02 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: What if I consider myself as not much of a KOF player, and the only character I like from the series is Iori? And maybe Terry?
Athena can go die in a hole.
IORI!
Posts: 6,699
Threads: 104
Joined: Jun 2008
04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM by Alpha Six.)
Fuck you guys, I'm bumping this.
A lot of new info, most of it being VERY new to you guys.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/k...index.html
Be sure to check out those two videos too.
Oh, and here's something interesting...
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/top_j.html
Check out the KOFXII roster, and the art style specifically... then look at the above website. Notice K' and Mai in the picture? Drawn in the EXACT SAME style?
This could be a hint to them being in the game as well!
Posts: 4,467
Threads: 91
Joined: May 2008
This game looks pretty promising
While I never actually played a KOF game i'm probably going to end up getting it to give it a go
Posts: 1,430
Threads: 116
Joined: May 2008
arkham asylum, valkyria chronicles, kof XII
these are the games everyone should own
Posts: 2,145
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2008
What systems will it be on? I have a very limited choice.
Posts: 4,467
Threads: 91
Joined: May 2008
(04-11-2009, 05:57 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: What systems will it be on? I have a very limited choice.
Far as I know 360 and PS3
Posts: 4,685
Threads: 84
Joined: May 2008
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2009, 10:41 AM by Kosheh.)
Watched the Ash combo video, god damn this game looks hot.
Sucks that this won't be released on Wii with a reduced framerate and static backgrounds [like Guilty Gear]
WAIT
DOES THAT SAY "NOW IN ARCADES"
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
BRB, GOING TO NYC AND PLAYING THIS SHIT BEFORE TYVON DOES
Posts: 9,905
Threads: 264
Joined: Jun 2008
well, it's nice to know that. I don't like to play KoF (or any other fighting game), but I really love watching the others playing. But I'm certain I won't see those stuff soon. The nearest arcade (which is... 2 hours away from here?) still has Cruisn' USA as their main machine.
Posts: 2,145
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2008
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2009, 09:55 PM by tsr moderation staff.)
(04-12-2009, 07:09 AM)Diogalesu Gigahmeh Wrote: (04-11-2009, 05:57 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: What systems will it be on? I have a very limited choice.
Far as I know 360 and PS3
balls.
edit: watching gameplay videos and crying atm