Posts: 59
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2008
(04-09-2009, 08:36 PM)deathbringer Wrote: I'm almost done with Juggernaut but it's not going to be really sorted out since certain animations reuse the same sprites.
And which version of the game are we doing this for? Arcade? Dreamcast? PS2?
Dreamcast I'm pretty sure. The NAOMII ROM hasn't been essembled yet for emulator but other games have been and aside from arcade roms being a zip with specific files unlabeled as to whats inside them it makes it hard to go through. They're also encrypted and scrambled so.. yeh.
DC version is solid .cdi file.
Posts: 1,784
Threads: 92
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
Actually, PS2 version. I find PS2 easier to access files than the Dreamcast. For some reason I can't even see Dreamcast data.
I'll send SonSon and Roll in 2 minutes.
Posts: 137
Threads: 17
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,868
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2008
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM by Deathbringer.)
Just to warn everyone, the sheet is about 2MB, so it might take some of you a little longer to download.
And before someone says something is missing, except for a duplicate of the Headcrush, the sheet has everything Dazz sent me.
And I'll fix the icon in a moment, I forgot I could list the file size of sheets.
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
No worries Deathbringer, that's perfect - 2mb isn't too big these days anymore, we have sheets on tSR that are 8-10mb.
Great job! That is absolutely perfect.
Also, SuperKirby, I'd rather kind of leave Cyclops to someone that had been around longer has he's a very confusing person to sheet - mostly lazers and stuff.
Posts: 1,784
Threads: 92
Joined: Jan 2009
Eddie(the red garbage can thing on Roll's sheet) uses a black outline. Do I need to redraw the outline or is there an easier way?
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
I think it's your only option... Sorry man.
Posts: 4,685
Threads: 84
Joined: May 2008
Yeah protip: Roll and Megaman I think, and DEFINITELY Morrigan, have obnoxious black outlines.
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
Roll doesn't have black. :B shows what you know
Posts: 1,868
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2008
04-10-2009, 10:26 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM by Deathbringer.)
I think I know how to resolve the black outline issue but I don't know if it'll be possible to do. Would your little app work on files copied onto a hard drive? Since I assume the background is due to it being part of the palette, if that palette got changed into something not black (hopefully magenta or cyan would work), would the results show that instead of the black?
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
'fraid not - the black is actually transparency. But however, since bmp have no transparency, it goes to black.
And I can't find any way to make it export and pngs...
Posts: 1,784
Threads: 92
Joined: Jan 2009
(04-10-2009, 10:11 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Yeah protip: Roll and Megaman I think, and DEFINITELY Morrigan, have obnoxious black outlines.
Roll doesn't have it but Eddie and Rush do and they're half her sheet ]:
Posts: 1,868
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2008
(04-10-2009, 10:45 AM)Dazz Wrote: 'fraid not - the black is actually transparency. But however, since bmp have no transparency, it goes to black.
And I can't find any way to make it export and pngs... What about editing the palette itself (as in the character's palette) and change the pure black into something lighter, say 8,8,8, which still looks black but won't interfere with the background.
Posts: 6,699
Threads: 104
Joined: Jun 2008
You can't edit the palette itself when you're extracting it from the game.
If you're talking about AFTER you extract it, it won't matter because the deed is already done.
|