Posts: 154
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2008
Yes, but its also pretty much canon to ignore canon when combining different series
Relative height accuracy is far more important than actual height accuracy, Kirby doesn't
look 8 inches tall, so he would look odd if you were to sprite him that size.
Posts: 102
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
Zeph Wrote:Yes, but its also pretty much canon to ignore canon when combining different series 
Thank you, you just broke my mind.
No no, I never meant to disagree with you. I was just pointing things out.
Back on topic though, it could definitely use a darker outline. I never play PM, but I'm pretty sure they have dark outlines.
Oh yeah, and arms etc. etc. etc.
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
So, is there a light source for Paper Mario style?
Posts: 154
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2008
When I tell you to look at existing Paper Mario sprites I expect you to do it.
If you can't figure out where the light source is by looking at this image you don't deserve to sprite:
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
How is this, besides that he is missing body parts and the mouth is probably to small.
Posts: 154
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2008
Still no anti-aliasing, outline is not dark enough, eyes are too square, mouth is too small, etc.
Also, that is the least round circle I've ever seen.
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2008, 09:07 AM by The Irish Q.)
How is it not round?
Posts: 102
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
It looks polygonal. You can clearly see where the "vertexes" would be.
Posts: 148
Threads: 11
Joined: May 2008
It's not round because it's a hexagon...
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2008
I'm not exactly pro at spriting, but is this circle a little better? I know the shading needs work, but hopefully its good reference.
Posts: 102
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
That is definitely round enough.
But yeah, shading needs fixing.
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
Good?
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2008
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2008, 06:55 PM by SamsterBoy.)
GadgetTR Wrote:That is definitely round enough.
But yeah, shading needs fixing.
Yay I feel specialer.
The Irish Q Wrote:Good?
![[Image: PaperKirby-2.png]](http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/The_Irish_Q/PaperKirby-2.png)
I'm not to sure on the shading, but yeah. Use Bow as reference to Kirby. Try using her eyes with Kirby's eyes, but make some tweaking.
Posts: 6,699
Threads: 104
Joined: Jun 2008
the eyes and mouth are too far apart and the eyes should be bigger.
look at an actual large-scale kirby image for a reference.
Posts: 102
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
A second, closer look at it reveals that it's not actually as round as it could be. Look closely at the top & sides. It shouldn't be hard to tell, and definitely shouldn't be hard to fix.