Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015
12-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
http://java.mob.org/game/gods_war_6_the_...eroes.html
there's a .jar for it
make sure you click the button seen here:
then, once file is downloaded, open it with 7-zip, winrar, or jzip (probably any zip file utility besides default)
extract the entire thing
At the root of the filesystem are some numerically named .png files that I'm assuming are the sprites.
There are a bunch of resmap<number_x>.bin's that I'm assuming define how to split those up and stuff.
If you should need any data from those, there's a good chance I cannot help you, but other people here probably could.
That should be everything, hope this helps!
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
You cannot use ripped sprites for a commercial project.
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
don't recall them saying it would be commercial.
although mmorpgs tend to be.
doesn't mean they have to.
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015
12-11-2015, 05:54 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 05:56 PM by CrazY..)
Thank you Dark, It worked, but how to ripp sprites from this game?
http://game-oldies.com/play-online/herzo...ga-genesis
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
No problem
I tried ripping from Genesis before, and I didn't get very far, so, I can't help much. Sorry. Searching for some tutorials on Genesis ripping would be a good start.
Also, MMORPGs are usually online games, just to be noted.
"Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game"
Looks to me more this thread should simply be titled "2D RPG sprites"
These games don't appear to be explicitly multiplayer, if at all.
Exactly what kind of game are you making?
Just curious.
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015
I am using these sprites to make a basic rpg game, just to warm up in actionscript

I will be posting some tutorials on my channel, so I thought and use these sprites.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDe4LML...NW0pwajMDg
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
AS1 / 2 , or 3?
Anyways, good luck!
I'm willing to test, should you need any of that.
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015
I do with AS2, but I'm learning more about AS3.
What do you mean with "should you need any of that."?
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
ok
Technically not all developers have beta-testers.
But should you need/want one, I might be able to.
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015
In addition to help me test , it would be nice if you help me spread the channel , the videos are in Portuguese but it is quite simple to understand ( if one watch) , moreover think you understand enough about ripp . It would be nice to have one other country partner e.e
Posts: 965
Threads: 20
Joined: Jan 2014
That I'll have to think about.
Assorted reasons
Let's just leave it at that for now.
I know a small bit about ripping.
Not a lot.
My main areas of expertise are Flash other other web formats.
.jar's are just archives that can be run as a program. A lot of people are well-aware of this...lol (android .apk's also are just archives, however some use .obb files for assets, and those aren't always easy to acquire. (and some of those have encryption, so i've heard))
That said, unless your targets for ripping are flash or java based, or possibly HTML5, I cannot help much. (And I even have a few games under these categories that are giving me a LOT of issues trying to rip from!)
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2015