Posts: 607
Threads: 26
Joined: Nov 2009
06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 03:27 PM by Superjustinbros.)
Seems good.
I guess I'll just put in this sheet since I know with it just being submitted on the site no new icon of it was made.
EDIT: Somehow I got motivation, and thus this was made:
And then this...
Posts: 2,563
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2013
06-02-2014, 06:21 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM by psychospacecow.)
I can't find the attachments button anymore. I was going to use it for the thing, and there's a really big thread review.
Edit: I don't see the review anymore but the attachment thing is still missing.
Posts: 5,502
Threads: 134
Joined: Dec 2011
06-02-2014, 06:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 06:40 PM by puggsoy.)
I noticed that the attachment feature is gone too, but forgot to mention it. I'd guess it's not available in the News section for some reason. In any case I just uploaded my icons elsewhere and linked them.
Posts: 2,563
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2013
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 06:45 PM by psychospacecow.)
Posts: 2,947
Threads: 96
Joined: Sep 2010
(06-02-2014, 06:21 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I can't find the attachments button anymore. I was going to use it for the thing, and there's a really big thread review.
Edit: I don't see the review anymore but the attachment thing is still missing. (06-02-2014, 06:40 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I noticed that the attachment feature is gone too, but forgot to mention it. I'd guess it's not available in the News section for some reason. In any case I just uploaded my icons elsewhere and linked them.
I can't find anything that would disable attachments for this forum. Can you still see it in other forums or is it gone entirely?
Also, what is this thread review of which you spoke?
(06-02-2014, 06:45 PM)psychospacecow Wrote:
Am I doing this right?
That looks good to me but I know nothing about properly making icons so I'll leave that for someone else to decide. Post a couple more in the mean time though!
Posts: 2,563
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2013
06-02-2014, 07:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 08:08 PM by psychospacecow.)
I see it in the creativity area and that's the only place I've really looked. I'll post more soon.
Posts: 13,131
Threads: 168
Joined: Jan 2011
I'm noticing white stuff around Trunks and Buu's larger art, that should be fixed
Posts: 2,563
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2013
Yeah, I just deleted the plain backgrounds so that's probably the cause. Its probably on Frieza also, but he's already white. Is there a way I can get the sprites in a different format?
Posts: 148
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2012
(06-02-2014, 01:59 AM)Key0808 Wrote: Depending on who the submitter of the model was, making an icon and a preview for tMR can be quite a pain, especially relative to the process for making an icon for tSR. Do you take this in consideration for the contest?
Anyone?
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
We can't really compensate in those situations, as there is no real way of adjusting the count for each thing. We could make it count as 2, but ultimately I think that wouldn't really be fair. Some sheet icons take a while to make too, especially when you have multiple things to put into it.
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
(06-02-2014, 11:24 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Yeah, I just deleted the plain backgrounds so that's probably the cause. Its probably on Frieza also, but he's already white. Is there a way I can get the sprites in a different format?
I'm not sure what your issue is. There shouldn't be any white when the background is a solid colour that can be removed. You could be adding anti-aliasing to your icons which might be adding the white, but even then I'm unsure...
Posts: 66
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2013
06-03-2014, 03:20 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 04:14 PM by White-Jet.)
Posts: 2,563
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2013
(06-03-2014, 02:31 AM)Dazz Wrote: (06-02-2014, 11:24 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Yeah, I just deleted the plain backgrounds so that's probably the cause. Its probably on Frieza also, but he's already white. Is there a way I can get the sprites in a different format?
I'm not sure what your issue is. There shouldn't be any white when the background is a solid colour that can be removed. You could be adding anti-aliasing to your icons which might be adding the white, but even then I'm unsure...
I opened up the original sheets in their original formats so they didn't have layers. When I deleted the backgrounds, it made them white instead. Didn't really help anything, but then again the only difference would be blue or green specs instead.
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
White-Jet, those icons are vastly overly complicated. You shouldn't include multiple sprites of the same character in an icon, it doesn't help actually show people who the sheet is of - it makes it look like there are multiple characters involved, when in reality there is just one. Your last Picross ones are also really weird and not very pleasing on the eye - they don't demonstrate very well what they include and are very cluttered.
We don't want to make massively complex icons, we want simple icons that represent a sheet.
Posts: 8,121
Threads: 305
Joined: May 2008
(06-03-2014, 05:56 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: (06-03-2014, 02:31 AM)Dazz Wrote: (06-02-2014, 11:24 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Yeah, I just deleted the plain backgrounds so that's probably the cause. Its probably on Frieza also, but he's already white. Is there a way I can get the sprites in a different format?
I'm not sure what your issue is. There shouldn't be any white when the background is a solid colour that can be removed. You could be adding anti-aliasing to your icons which might be adding the white, but even then I'm unsure...
I opened up the original sheets in their original formats so they didn't have layers. When I deleted the backgrounds, it made them white instead. Didn't really help anything, but then again the only difference would be blue or green specs instead.
I think you need to learn more about how to use sprites before you can really help with this project. We'll work on a tutorial for beginners in the future, but for now I think you'll need to sit this project out.
|