Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2008, 06:06 PM by Codestar.)
Well it's not an idle stance, it's just a stance he takes at a point in the game.
SO yeah... here's the actual main character that you'll be using throughout the game.
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 964
Threads: 38
Joined: May 2008
That's awesome.
I frikking love scarfs.
I want to see more please.
Posts: 1,404
Threads: 8
Joined: May 2008
I love the idea of an attacking Scarf! I also love how well you pulled it off!
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
Very early titlescreen WIP
Posts: 1,662
Threads: 44
Joined: May 2008
Quite the size you got there.
Everything looks nice n' simple, g'luck! :>
Posts: 1,580
Threads: 19
Joined: May 2008
Get rid of the banding around the eye, and smoothen out some of the jagged lines. I know it's simple but you could still make it better. Overall this is an awesome project!
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008, 12:00 PM by Codestar.)
Yeah I'm going to fix a lot of the issues with it, rest assured. This was just a sketch to use as a base for the pixelart. I do wonder what else I could add to the title screen to jazz it up a bit though. I'm open to any suggestions. I was thinking maybe an animated trail of fire at the bottom of the screen but I dunno...
Thanks for the c+c though. It's so weird seeing my pixelart on these library lcd's rather than my own crt monitor at home where I do most of the work...
damn me and my poor ass for not being able to afford an lcd...
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
12-27-2008, 01:23 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2008, 01:26 AM by Codestar.)
![[Image: berylidle.png]](http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/gmangames/berylidle.png)
1st boss. Her name is Beryl and her scarf's power matches her rock hard and cold personality. She has the ability to petrify anything her scarf touches. Parts of her scarf can also turn into stone, which she uses as a sort of ball and chain weapon.
[EDIT]
Tried to switch up my spriting to keep me interested so I decided to take a break and try something more complex, with more colors, and shading. C+C
Posts: 9,905
Threads: 264
Joined: Jun 2008
Cool

but the scarf looks a bit angular...
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
Messed around with it a little bit to try to make it less angular, added white outline.
[EDIT]
also working on wip idle stance
Posts: 2,145
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2008
The scarf's movement doesn't make any sense. Either have it sit still or blow in the wind in one direction.
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
Well see, I don't want to have a centralized wind direction in the game since there's going to be a lot of characters with scarves and other accessories with the same flowing property. So I'm keeping the scarf's movement dynamic depending on the character.
Posts: 2,145
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2008
It looks like the wind is blowing down. That doesn't make sense.
Posts: 1,580
Threads: 19
Joined: May 2008
It sways to the right a little too much.