Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
My firsts sprites, I made with 100 % custom.
I used the tales of phantasia's palette.
http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/77/52/78/koopal10.png
Posts: 13,131
Threads: 168
Joined: Jan 2011
Moving to the spriting boards for feedback.
Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
I know you're restricting your palette, but the browns are really not appropriate for these characters. Things like the hair and shells are incredibly pillow shaded. The bodies look the same for each Koopaling, despite them having dramatically different bodies (Look at Roy vs Jr, for example), and they look incredibly stiff.
It's good that you've freehanded them, but you still have a ways to go.
Posts: 83
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2013
I don't even know what I'm looking at because the colors don't convey the lighting or the actual colors the characters should have well.
Posts: 174
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2013
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM by Omnikariz.)
Like said before, you really should change the sprites skin colour. Many colours also suffer from bad contrast and are hard to read.
Your face colour etc. should look more like this
[spoiler]
![[Image: 29fKQPe.png]](http://i.imgur.com/29fKQPe.png)
[/spoiler]
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 07:45 AM by Catskart.)
Thank for comments.
I corrected the palette and roy, he's larger.
http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/77/52/78/koopal12.png
Posts: 83
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2013
08-21-2013, 11:00 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 11:00 PM by Quotient.)
Looking much better! As for the Koopalings themselves, they look a bit too tall. Lemmy's goggles are hard to read when he's facing forward(hard to tell what they are).
Posts: 174
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2013
Rather than just pasting the link you can put [img]-link to picture here-[/img]
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
(08-21-2013, 11:00 PM)Quotient Wrote: Looking much better! As for the Koopalings themselves, they look a bit too tall. Lemmy's goggles are hard to read when he's facing forward(hard to tell what they are).
You want to say "Iggy's goggles" ?
Posts: 799
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2013
Iggy's hair looks like a asparagus.
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
08-26-2013, 02:44 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM by Catskart.)
Iggy's hair look like a plant. X)
hum... I redo iggy's new hairs :
Posts: 9,905
Threads: 264
Joined: Jun 2008
the problem with all those sprites is that they are all dark, dull, and the colors are almost near gray. give it more saturation, contrast and the sprite shall improve a lot.
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
(08-26-2013, 11:11 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: the problem with all those sprites is that they are all dark, dull, and the colors are almost near gray. give it more saturation, contrast and the sprite shall improve a lot.
Like this ?
Posts: 1,664
Threads: 50
Joined: Nov 2011
![[Image: z2Zl1iJ.png]](http://i.imgur.com/z2Zl1iJ.png)
I'd suggest something more like this.
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2013
08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM by Catskart.)
Your pallette is better.

I change a little you pallette :