Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Fake Album Art
#1
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopype8.png]

Make-believe album art for my make-believe band. Made 100% custom in photoshop. This was the first time I attempted to make anything in photoshop, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.
#2
I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.
#3
(10-29-2008, 01:43 PM)Unknown Wrote: I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.

Agreed.
It all looks nice and real until the text.
Make it suck less. : D
#4
I think it's because everything else has a think outline and the text is only like a 1px outline
widen it
#5
I honestly don't know how to make fancy text on photoshop at all. Sick
#6
...It's nothing but lines and filters and fill patterns...?

Better'n anything i can do, though.
#7
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopyvs1.png]

or

[Image: marchingpinwheelscopy2vh0.png]

I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
#8
(10-29-2008, 03:57 PM)King Joe Wrote: I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
Well it doesn't.
#9
Indeed
I think that you need to redesign the concept and make it more interesting over all.
#10
Don't bend the text, have a nice, small, basic white font in the top right corner.

Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.























*not a doctor
#11
(10-31-2008, 07:04 AM)you can call me 7ILBY Wrote: Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.























*not a doctor

Heart
#12
Not much a quilt, but reminded me of a collage alright.
The text don't quite fit, as Unknown said, looks like more a MS Word text than anything. This font is intent to be the band logo or just the CD-related logo? Try downloading a new font to match, maybe a script-kind font. I recommend this site.
#13
[Image: marchingpinwheelssecondbv4.png]

Nice and simple, thoughts?
#14
Looks like something you'd place on a shirt, rather than an album. For a shirt design, that's pretty damn sweet for something so simple. For the cover of an album... ...not so much.

By the way, what kind of imaginary music does this make-believe band pretend to play? Usually album art reflects the genre. I think. Actually I don't have any clue what I'm talking about, but maybe it'll work out.
#15
Psychedelic/Space Rock. Wink


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)