Posts: 6,683
Threads: 49
Joined: Apr 2009
(04-09-2012, 02:15 PM)LegostormJ Wrote: What kinda animations would an assist need?
I would be ok with being an assist.
Intro - as you enter the screen
Action - the action you will perform I.E: attack the oponent/Protect-support the ally/be useless
Exit - as you exit the screen, after performing your action
Hit - if you're hit while or before performing your action, canceling it(unless you're meant to be hit)
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
Hmm... I don't think I would need a sprite for getting hit would I? In SSBB the assists can't get attacked.
Posts: 6,683
Threads: 49
Joined: Apr 2009
oh fuck you're right. i forgot we're making SSBB here. is not like i'm giving you an insight into how the thing we're doing here works.
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM by LegostormJ.)
...

Yeeaah I get what you're sayin. An attacked sprite I shall make.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did not want to risk a double-post so I edited this one

Is this sheet ok for an assist?
Posts: 1,607
Threads: 24
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 880
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 03:06 PM by Zadaben.)
(04-09-2012, 02:32 PM)LegostormJ Wrote: Is this sheet ok for an assist?
![[Image: k6f4l.png]](http://i44.tinypic.com/k6f4l.png)
it isnt quite in-style. Also, their is an official pallate that your character is not using. Try looking at the first post for assistance, their is a tutorial guide on it that you can use.
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
(04-09-2012, 03:05 PM)Sir Zadaben Wrote: (04-09-2012, 02:32 PM)LegostormJ Wrote: Is this sheet ok for an assist?
![[Image: k6f4l.png]](http://i44.tinypic.com/k6f4l.png)
it isnt quite in-style. Also, their is an official pallate that your character is not using. Try looking at the first post for assistance, their is a tutorial guide on it that you can use.
I already changed it to the set palette.
Posts: 880
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 03:17 PM by Zadaben.)
I would still take a look at the tutorial for advice on style, it doesnt qute match up with the rest of the stuff in the game style-wise.
-----------
(04-02-2012, 12:14 AM)Ploaj Wrote: ![[Image: 3QhSU.png]](http://i.imgur.com/3QhSU.png)
This is some of te other people, you can use them as references for style.
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM by LegostormJ.)
I thought the differing style could be ok since it is now an assist.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will see what I can do.
Posts: 880
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM by Zadaben.)
(09-19-2011, 12:27 PM)Gors Wrote: ![[Image: MN8Q3.png]](http://i.imgur.com/MN8Q3.png)
Other suff till follows the style, too.
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM by LegostormJ.)
I am having trouble trying to fit the sprites I have into that style

------------
![[Image: igjnfk.png]](http://i40.tinypic.com/igjnfk.png)
This was all I could think to change without having to completely redo the sprite
Posts: 880
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2011
You may want to completely redo the sprite, Im afraid that he still doesnt quite fit in with everything.
Posts: 78
Threads: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
Well then I have absolutely no idea of what to do now.
If only I didn't suck at spriting.
Posts: 880
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2011
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM by Zadaben.)
Update: I think I need to smooth it out a bit.
![[Image: effa79.gif]](http://i40.tinypic.com/effa79.gif)
Wow I forgot to post the actual picture.

@Legostorm: Dont give up! I've redone my guy several times over, it's not the end of the world.

Keep at it, you'll get there!
Posts: 2,414
Threads: 86
Joined: Sep 2008
His left leg still seems too long. If both were straightened out, it would look similiar to this