Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Cube World - Pre-orders & Alpha access
#31
http://wollay.blogspot.com/2012/03/scree...ances.html

http://i.imgur.com/dqwUW.jpg (huge image, no idea how to resize, so I will direct link.)

The sand really looks lovely. My excitement for this grows every update!
#32
Wow! This looks really amazing and cool! I'll bookmark it and stuff.
Although, I still can't stop playing MineCraft... There's something about it, you know?
#33
Minecraft got really stale to me.
#34
I really wish I hadn't bought it....lol. At least it was only $20, and I can still play it if I feel like it..
#35
juts like tyvon said, minecraft has such a hugely fake sense of depth, that no matter what they could possibly add to the game i cant think of a reason to bother with anymore.
#36
(02-16-2012, 11:42 PM)Tellis Wrote: Right now enemy deaths seem rather... anti-climactic.

True they sort of just melt. It doesn't seem very satisfying.

They also make a shwoop sound when they die. It sounds like teleporting instead of death.

In a game with a lot of combat, these things are sort of important.
#37
(03-15-2012, 08:22 PM)Meta Wrote: juts like tyvon said, minecraft has such a hugely fake sense of depth, that no matter what they could possibly add to the game i cant think of a reason to bother with anymore.

It'd be so much better if you could talk to people and I DON'T KNOW, maybe have quests that give the game direction and a story? I enjoy creating, but that gets old fast. Very fast. I could just be playing Borderlands or any Dungeon Siege when I'm on my computer, why get nothing ever done when I can get something out of a game and have a lot more fun.

I guess that's why I'm looking forward to Cube World, it shows actual direction, not mindless noodling.
#38
but we already have 3d dot heroes. how has people forgotten it so fast
#39
It's Ps3 exclusive. I'm not buying a Ps3 for it heh.
#40
(03-15-2012, 08:08 PM)Keychain Wrote: Minecraft got really stale to me.
Well, it will never be as good as it once was, but I still like it as of now.
Anyways, back to this. So it is PS3 exclusive?
Crap.
Also, I love your signature btw. xD
#41
Nnononono, 3d dot heroes was Ps3 exclusive.
#42
Oh okay. I'm about to say... XD
Are there any downloads currently? I can't find one on the website. Either that or I fail at searching
#43
(03-15-2012, 10:32 PM)Koopaul Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 11:42 PM)Tellis Wrote: Right now enemy deaths seem rather... anti-climactic.

True they sort of just melt. It doesn't seem very satisfying.

They also make a shwoop sound when they die. It sounds like teleporting instead of death.

In a game with a lot of combat, these things are sort of important.

The fact that enemies sort of evaporate upon death gives me a "remove them from this world" type of feel. Upon death your blocks just fall apart and you fade away. I find it kinda cool tbh.
#44
Cool but not satisfying. I like to study sound effects in games and they have a large impact on how you feel about doing things.
#45
The enemies you kill should get launched in the other direction and explode into tiny voxels. Sorta like fireworks.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)