Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

HALP MY SHADING! :$
#1
This shading on my robot sprite is giving me a headache :/
Here's what I've got so far:
[Image: vaped.png]

I know there's pillow-shading on the arm, but every other version I make with shading doesn't look right...

Halp plz :S

If it helps, here's an outline:
[Image: vapedoutline.png]
#2
Well...

TBH, there's pillowshading everywhere. The outline is too jagged. His arm is too up and why is his arms bigger than his legs? Is eyes need more contrast.
#3
Don't dither, it's very hard to do and rarely works out..
If you want to learn more about shading, check the SPRITING DICTIONARY.
#4
Also Dithering a robot would make no sense, as robot's don't have that kind of texture...


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)