Posts: 917
Threads: 7
Joined: May 2008
09-16-2011, 08:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 08:21 PM by Boo.)
(09-15-2011, 10:08 PM)Kriven Wrote: Which are the only two that matter.
Boo: Why does "longer" equate "better?" O-o
Did, I say it was better just because it was longer? No... It had more powers, bosses, way more characters, MORE THINGS TO DO, just an overall, longer, better, adventure.
(09-15-2011, 10:23 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: A longer game doesn't automatically make it good, but if a really good game is really short, that's not really great either.
I never got to beat either BK game, but they were great AND had good length.
Nobody said a longer game automatically makes it good, I loved the fuck out of God Of War 3, but it was 6-8 hours long, I would take down massive points in the score for it being that short.. I paid $60 for this game, you think I want to play this game for 8 hours and then never play it again. It was a good 8 hours of my life, but seriously I want more.. If it was like 16 hours, would have got perfect in my score.
Banjo Tooie was better because it was hell of a lot longer, getting the jigsaws was more challenging, long of characters that you could really get to like and enjoy, awesome transformations to use (Dinosaurs, Washing Machine, TNT, Snowball, Van) that had unique moves. They also had different kinds of eggs to make it even MORE interesting, Clock Work Kazooie Egg, that was pretty damn good, and you used all the eggs pretty often.
Also you could actually be Mumbo and use him for different scenarios, and also they just gave you random things to do like get doubloons for Cheato pages, it was really something.
Most of all Banjo and Kazooie could split up, giving them even more abilities, having to split up to learn new moves, get to certain areas.
It was longer too which made it the icing on the cake, it was definitely a 10 in my opinion, and I couldn't think of much to make it better.
So that's what makes a longer game better, more content, like Banjo Tooie executed perfectly..
Posts: 13,131
Threads: 168
Joined: Jan 2011
09-16-2011, 08:36 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 08:38 PM by Garamonde.)
Nah I wasn't saying that, I was just making a statement. But if you loved the game that much you would come back and play it again someday. That's certainly what I do, lol.
(In fact what I've been doing is playing some of my old favorite games all the time and ignoring my newer ones I haven't beaten yet... I need to feel like playing them  )
Posts: 4,126
Threads: 84
Joined: May 2008
I dunno, I was never really a big fan of Banjo and Kazooie games. They were kinda stupid to me when I was a kid so I never really go into them. "fighting carrots? uhg thats dumb ~plays harvest moon 64 forever~"
Posts: 558
Threads: 15
Joined: Sep 2009
09-16-2011, 09:57 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011, 11:28 AM by Azure-Tranquility.)
re-edit because of topic merge.
Posts: 677
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2010
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 10:54 AM by Proton.)
(09-16-2011, 12:32 PM)Rakia Wrote: I liked the Force Unleashed, but it was too short.
If it were longer it'd have been better, I think. Some people found it too repetitive though, but whatever.
Force Unleashed would probably have been generally considered better if it wasn't Star Wars.
Posts: 1,410
Threads: 16
Joined: May 2008
That doesn't make sense cause then
it wouldn't exist.
Posts: 1,774
Threads: 40
Joined: May 2008
Quote:Did, I say it was better just because it was longer? No... It had more powers, bosses, way more characters, MORE THINGS TO DO, just an overall, longer, better, adventure.
except that the only reasons you're using to justify your perspective are reasons pertaining to length and "more" content.
more things, not better things
you say the word "better" but then give no actual reasons for why that would be the case
Posts: 5,034
Threads: 34
Joined: Jun 2009
09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 04:52 PM by Gwen.)
I don't really know how to explain it, just some games when they end so abruptly or if it didn't take that long, I just think "Damn, this could've been a longer game, whether it be more quests, levels, objectives ect. Of course as long as they add to the game rather than just oh hey look there's more. Some games just feel to short and sometimes you wish you had a longer experience is all.
Posts: 6,055
Threads: 111
Joined: May 2008
(09-16-2011, 09:28 PM)Kat Wrote: I dunno, I was never really a big fan of Banjo and Kazooie games. They were kinda stupid to me when I was a kid so I never really go into them. "fighting carrots? uhg thats dumb ~plays harvest moon 64 forever~"
I guess you think Mario is dumb because of the fighting mushrooms.
Posts: 5,034
Threads: 34
Joined: Jun 2009
(09-17-2011, 05:39 PM)Koopaul Wrote: (09-16-2011, 09:28 PM)Kat Wrote: I dunno, I was never really a big fan of Banjo and Kazooie games. They were kinda stupid to me when I was a kid so I never really go into them. "fighting carrots? uhg thats dumb ~plays harvest moon 64 forever~"
I guess you think Mario is dumb because of the fighting mushrooms.
That was dripping with sarcasm on the carrot part, notice Harvest moon 64.
At least I think so?
Posts: 1,215
Threads: 18
Joined: May 2008
(09-17-2011, 05:39 PM)Koopaul Wrote: (09-16-2011, 09:28 PM)Kat Wrote: I dunno, I was never really a big fan of Banjo and Kazooie games. They were kinda stupid to me when I was a kid so I never really go into them. "fighting carrots? uhg thats dumb ~plays harvest moon 64 forever~"
I guess you think Mario is dumb because of the fighting mushrooms.
Nope, but she might have, 10 years ago.
Posts: 917
Threads: 7
Joined: May 2008
09-17-2011, 07:41 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011, 12:40 AM by Boo.)
(09-17-2011, 04:25 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: Quote:Did, I say it was better just because it was longer? No... It had more powers, bosses, way more characters, MORE THINGS TO DO, just an overall, longer, better, adventure.
except that the only reasons you're using to justify your perspective are reasons pertaining to length and "more" content.
more things, not better things
you say the word "better" but then give no actual reasons for why that would be the case
And then if you read the rest of my post it'll tell you the exact reasons why.. -.-
Posts: 13,131
Threads: 168
Joined: Jan 2011
09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 08:50 PM by Garamonde.)
(09-15-2011, 10:23 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: A longer game doesn't automatically make it good, but if a really good game is really short, that's not really great either.
I never got to beat either BK game, but they were great AND had good length.
Out of curiosity, why'd you quote this post too? I already explained what I meant by that, I wasn't criticizing what you said or anything, I agree with it. BK and BT were great games. I liked getting the Jiggies and the Jinjos and stuff.
Posts: 734
Threads: 32
Joined: May 2008
(09-17-2011, 10:54 AM)Proton Wrote: (09-16-2011, 12:32 PM)Rakia Wrote: I liked the Force Unleashed, but it was too short.
If it were longer it'd have been better, I think. Some people found it too repetitive though, but whatever.
Force Unleashed would probably have been generally considered better if it wasn't Star Wars.
yeah I guess InFamous was okay
Posts: 677
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2010
09-18-2011, 12:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011, 12:38 AM by Proton.)
(09-17-2011, 03:48 PM)Rakia Wrote: it wouldn't exist.
Doesn't sound half bad.
|