Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Activision to charge money for cutscenes.
#1
What the fuck are you thinking, Kotick.
#2
somebody assassinate him please
#3
I mean, there are some awesome cutscenes that I love to watch over and over, but why in the FLYING FUCK would I pay money to have a standalone version of something I already own? That's why some games have a cutscene theater option, and people post videos of cutscenes on places like youtube anyway.
#4
Considering how often in games cutscenes do no more than jarr the game with terrible and unskippable dialogue; the option to have all of that removed is a somewhat tantalising prospect.

This is still stupid, though.
#5
Good that i don't care for most Activision games, but man, this guy's a stupid dickhead.
#6
The sad thing is that people are probably going to buy that shit. Because its so difficult to play 5 minutes into a level to see a cutscene. Hell, with Youtube's 1080p videos now is there even a point if you REALLY want to see a particular scene? Honestly...
#7
There's practically only four games you could do this with, and all of them are in the MGS series.
#8
(09-17-2010, 12:18 PM)KOJJIRO Wrote: There's practically only four games you could do this with, and all of them are in the MGS series.
anyone who doesnt thank this post is an extremely distinguished gentleman
#9
The hell? are you kidding me? Why the heck would that idea even come to mind? *commits suicide*
#10
I don't see why anyone should care.

I mean it's pretty retarded for the guy to do this out of greed, but the cut scenes are from CoVery SadBlack ops

Which look the same as Modern Warfare 1 and 2
And World at War
And every other generic FPS out there.


whoops I'm fucking stupid, the game isn't even CoD.

I still don't see whats so special about this though
#11
oh whoops it looks like Activision is going to attempt a terrible marketing move

It's not like this is bad for anyone else
#12
This would make a good example to other developers what not to do. Seriously.. wow.
#13
If they start doing this, we better get Pixar quality cutscenes between every level.
#14
considering it's activision, i'm really really not surprised at all


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)