Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Retro City Rampage
#1
Discuss.
#2
so really this is pretty much GTA mixed with a bunch of NES games.

pausable, don't know if it'll be worthwhile though.
#3
i like the concept, but the trailer is a mess.
#4
This looks pretty damn awesome.
Even though i didn't really like the original GTA games (or any of them for that matter)
i still want to play this.

Also deadpool, i don't know what you're talking about. The trailer looks fine.
#5
Tbh I'd like to see this on PSN or XBLA but I got other things I want to get. (modnation racers, crackdown series)
#6
(08-18-2010, 07:53 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: crackdown series
ewwww
#7
wrong answer

crackdown 1 is great
from what i've heard crackdown 2 is just sort of decent though
#8
was expecting somethign more like River City Ransom (because of the initials)

cool though
#9
I'm unsure if I want to play this.

I dislike the original top-down gta games, but I bought chinatown wars and loved it, even though it's in the original style.
Maybe I'll give it a try.
#10
(08-18-2010, 08:48 PM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 07:53 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: crackdown series
ewwww

I want to go to michigan to hunt you down for this post.

Nah just kidding but really, I like it because it's mario with a shooter mixed in (there are other ones I am aware, but not enough jumping height though.)

Just to add on to the actual discussionof the game I never really played the older GTA games, so I wouldn't have much of a clue on how those work. Although, this seems to improve that.
#11
basically the older GTA games are like top down zelda in a big city but with incredibly frustrating controls and 90% of the time you're actually driving backwards because you can't tell the difference
#12
which is why i hate the original gta games

fortunately chinatown wars fixed all that so if this game follows that same formula, it should be fine
#13
GTA advance was fine. although easy except for the part when you have to drive a sluggish slow tank and everyone fired rockets at you, and you expected your tank to be invulnerable just to find you'll blow up after the fourth of fifth hit.
#14
i've only played gta advance twice

the first time was before playing chinatown wars and after about 30 seconds I hated it, then I tried it again after beating chinatown wars and it seemed half decent, though obviously nowhere as good as CW. Maybe I should give it another try.
#15
this looks really kick-ass

it's like GTA + Contra + Bionic Commando + the first NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)