Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
As I said on PT before them move, Mother/Earthbound needs a new tag. it's the only one (besides "other") that doesn't look cinematic. So I made this, available in two flavors; Starman and Ness. I picked them because Starman is in 2 games and is the most recognizable enemy in the series. Ness, on the other hand, is the most recognizable character. My personal choice (And SmithyGCN's) is Starman, but I thought I'd let you all pick or do a better one. All the graphics are from the SSB Dojo or Starmen.net.
Posts: 941
Threads: 29
Joined: May 2008
I do feel that it would be better to use actual Mother footage instead of using Supper Mash Brocollis as basis.
Posts: 4,150
Threads: 68
Joined: May 2008
Naw, most of the images for the Nintendo section are either shots of 3D renders, or high-res sprites. That said, I think a shot of Pokémon Battle Revolution for the Pokémon section wold be appropriate.
The Starman looks better than Ness, also.
Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
Yeah, Pokemon and Fire Emblem could both use some new tags.
Posts: 4,126
Threads: 84
Joined: May 2008
I actually prefer Ness because I haven't played too much of earthbound so I recognize him better then starman who I haven't seen at all....
Posts: 62
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2008
I prefer the first one above the others.
Posts: 102
Threads: 10
Joined: May 2008
Maybe Mr Saturn, seems a bit more iconic than Starman.
I choose starman though, maybe for Fire Emblem you have something from FE PoR or RD, so it's 3Dish, even though there's no Ike sprites
Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
I know nothing about FE, so I'm not even going to attempt that one.
Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
![[Image: mothertagpx6.png]](http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9868/mothertagpx6.png)
Whatcha think?
Posts: 62
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2008
Mr. Saturn looks out of place, and random.
Of course, that's just my opinion.
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2008
Why not stick the chosen four in front of a background from a battle?
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Or if there isn't enough space, just Ness.
Posts: 358
Threads: 107
Joined: May 2008
Tonberry2k Wrote:Yeah, Pokemon and Fire Emblem could both use some new tags.
I have some new Pokémon tag ideas. I don't think I should post them here since this is for new Mother/Earthbound tag ideas.
Maybe the one with Ness should be a good choice. After all, Ness is a main character in the series.
Posts: 212
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2008
05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2008, 11:07 PM by Dear President Seinfeld.)
personally i think that
edit: i'm really against the idea of the mother section tag being decided by people who only recognize the series from its involvement in the smash brothers franchise.
Posts: 13,415
Threads: 305
Joined: Feb 2009
I agree. That really shafts Mother and Mother 3. Also, post any FE or Pokemon tags. I'll simply rename the thread.
Posts: 62
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2008
Just for the heck of it. I can do better than this, but it's midnight and I'm tired.