Posts: 36
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2008
Have you ever wondered what SML would look like colored? Well wait no longer sence I plan on coloring the sprites/tiles of the game into
8-bits of color.... so yeah.... here's what I got so far.
Feel free to give advice about the color and crap... Also no this is not the best I can do in sprites. I have made tons of custom/edited sprites and am only making this as a time passer.
Posts: 602
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2008
Can't really comment on just plain recolors though Mario has too many colors (unless you're wanting to use 8-bit overlay to give Mario more color than normal for 8-bit sprites).
Posts: 509
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2008
If you're going to recolor a sprite I think you should add an outline. And it's too small, add some shading and recolor more tiles.
Posts: 9,905
Threads: 264
Joined: Jun 2008
8-bit games generally has sprites with just 4 colors including transparency. Also, use a real NES palette.
Posts: 36
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2008
Well I made it look more 8-bit looking like you guys wanted and this is how it turned out.
To me it looks way to much like the SMB1 Mario and thats mostly why I used those colors in the first one. and yes I know the submarine and plane use 5 colors but thats only because im having alittle truble looking for the right color scheme. So anyways what do you guys think? Better? Worse?