Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

WiiWare Discussion
#16
WiiWare titles are meant to be short though, right?

I mean, I thought I heard them referred to as not be 'full length' games
#17
I suppose, but it works better for games like my life as a king. Less content than a standard retail game, but still something you can play for a long time.
#18
Wii Ware games aren't really demos, but they're more like small games unlike the ones you'd buy in a store. From what I've heard, though.
#19
If you want in-depth coverage of upcoming WiiWare titles, check out IGN.

I got LostWinds, and, though short, it was amazing! For the price, 3-4 hours (incluyding the relic collecting) is worth it. They're already working on a sequel.

I'm looking forward to Gyrostarr, because the idea of 4-player Galaga is so amazingly awesome.
#20
I'm going to get; strong bad (obviously), Sam and Max, Dr Mario (maybe), Pokemon ranch thing and Eternity's child.
#21
I plan on getting Strong Bad, and maybe Dr. Mario. I got LostWinds, and it's actually fun!

Also, Sam & Max's gonna be a retail game, not WiiWare.
#22
I got Lostwinds. Put some time into it so far, but kind've on and off since I've picked up some new Wii games lately.

I don't think that WiiWare are supposed to be any shorter than a regular game, but obviously they have more constraints in terms of size than a proper Wii title, on the converse less to develop for them. It'd be cool to start seeing some nice 2d games or something on it, since you could easily fit a very large 2d game in 45 meg or whatever the max is.
#23
Dunno about you guys, but that Eternity's Child looks awesome Wink
#24
Making a complete 3d game through wiiware with only 43megs is a hard task. Considering LostWinds only cost $10, it scales up proportionally to normal $50 games.

The 43meg limit isn't enforced, but Nintendo tells independent developers that they have a better chance of being accepted if thay adhere to that standard.

Yeah, a new 2d platformer or rpg would be refreshing on wiiware.
#25
I've got My Life as a King, have played it half-trough, then bought all the add-ons. I felt ripped-off.








But it did make the game more awesome than it already was.
#26
My Life as a King is enjoyable even without the add-ons. A good rule of thumb with any DLC would be to play the game a decent amount of time before going into DLC.

I've been playing without any DLC and so far it's one of my most played Wii Games next to Brawl and MKWii.
#27
JoshR691 Wrote:WiiWare titles are meant to be short though, right?

I mean, I thought I heard them referred to as not be 'full length' games
Yeah, I said that a while ago on another forums and everyone jumped on me.

But yeah they're real cheap, I'd say it's a good deal. However, having to pay extra for that stuff is a rip off.
#28
A rip off people buy Big Grin
#29
but that stuff isn't needed to play, or even enjoy the game. You bring it upon yourself to buy the things, Square never forces you to buy anything... I fail to see how that makes the game and DLC in general a ripoff since it only brings the total to the price of a DS game, and that's about where this game lies in terms of quality, basically a DS game on the Wii.
#30
Besides, the add-ons really don't feel like rip offs. I myself like the extra challenge it gives you. It has a lot of special boss fights where you can actually see the health meter below. It has some special buildings as well, and you can change costumes Tongue

Also, I wish Toki Tori had DLC. I feel that 80 or so puzzles isn't that much, and most puzzle games really should have this ability to create your own, I believe.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)