Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

SSB for GB
#16
Rakia Wrote:Cloton, these aren't better.
You can't compare two different styles from two different eras.
That's like saying that Halo is better then Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow because it has 3D graphics.
Yours have it's advantages, and OP has his.
Well, I guess you're right. But OP, is that some alternate name for Gorsal?
#17
Colton Wrote:
Rakia Wrote:Cloton, these aren't better.
You can't compare two different styles from two different eras.
That's like saying that Halo is better then Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow because it has 3D graphics.
Yours have it's advantages, and OP has his.
Well, I guess you're right. But OP, is that some alternate name for Gorsal?

OP is short for Original Poster (i.e. Topic Starter).

Anyways I like the progress so far Gorsal, the characters look fitting and Ness has that Spirou look on him. I can't offer improvements unfortunately to make them better than there are though.
#18
So, I love these. I do think you should reverse the grey and white on Link. Make the face white and the tunic grey. Mario, Luigi, Ness, and Captain Falcon could also use a face-lightening.
#19
You can also use the white to shade in part of the gray faced sprites and give them a bit more definition. Very good though.
#20
If they had a ssb for the gameboy, those sprites would be absolutely perfect! Now I wish they had made a gameboy version.
#21
I think Fox's head looks to big.
#22
Update; and thanks for the C+C guys
   

*Awesome and colored sprites from SSB project; using as height ref pic*
#23
These are great, keep it up!
#24
i like the link too. he looks like the old games, only not 8-bit =]
#25
thornmask Wrote:i like the link too. he looks like the old games, only not 8-bit =]
Actually, it IS 8-bit
8-bit is 3 colors (the 4th is transparenty)

Anyway, great sprites! Smile
#26
Don't use repeat frames the way you are now. Using the frame you used at the beginning of the animation on the end makes its seem slower animated :E
#27
Solink Wrote:
thornmask Wrote:i like the link too. he looks like the old games, only not 8-bit =]
Actually, it IS 8-bit
8-bit is 3 colors (the 4th is transparenty)

Anyway, great sprites! Smile

8 bit does not imply how many colours can be used per sprite... (You'd make N-finity very sad implying such a thing).

But yes the sprites are awesome, specially loving Fox. Maybe all the faces should be white?
#28
Then what is 8-Bit?
#29
8-Bit is the color depth. Just means you're selecting from a palette of 256 colors.
It is the actual 8-Bit systems that limit to 4 colors per sprite, of course the limited processing power of those systems would make anything more than that impractical.
#30
If you have 8 bit (00000000) making all the values active would leave with a total of 256 (11111111).

Yeah, think about it.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)