Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
07-30-2009, 11:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2009, 08:14 PM by LunchPolice.)
Hey, I'm new here. Welcome to Quackbillion's Magical World of Assorted Documents.
Enjoy your stay.
![[Image: pezazul.png]](http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9638/pezazul.png)
This is my main character, Pezazul. His name means blue fish in latin. I haven't decided much on his backstory apart from the fact he's like Yoshi or Toad, as in he's part of a big race but there is a MAIN one.
![[Image: revampoftroyspastpng.png]](http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9113/revampoftroyspastpng.png)
This is a revamp of my friend's first custom sprite. The purple legs were just placeholders, don't worry!
![[Image: rikon.png]](http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5500/rikon.png)
This is an OLD,
OLD fan character I made called Rikon, revamped!
![[Image: newsonicedit.png]](http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6315/newsonicedit.png)
This is Ray the Squirrel. That is all.
![[Image: tilesetshowoff.png]](http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8415/tilesetshowoff.png)
Here's a tileset I'm making for my friend's game. This is my main WIP right now, so please comment.
...Critique?
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to double post if I'm updating, so here's an update to my tileset. It's going to be a full tree, not a stump but it isn't finished yet.
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
![[Image: tilesetshowoff.png]](http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8415/tilesetshowoff.png)
I updated the dirt/sand tile.
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
![[Image: tilesetshowoff.png]](http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8415/tilesetshowoff.png)
Did more on the tree. I've never made a tree before - am I on the right track?
Posts: 856
Threads: 49
Joined: May 2008
you see that little button down there called edit? that's what it's used for.
Other than that I like the mario tiles, yet the rest of your stuff needs a lot of work. You need to learn to hue shift a bit more in your work to give your sprites some depth.
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
(07-31-2009, 08:42 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: you see that little button down there called edit? that's what it's used for.
Other than that I like the mario tiles, yet the rest of your stuff needs a lot of work. You need to learn to hue shift a bit more in your work to give your sprites some depth.
Thanks.
I'm not...quite sure what you mean. Hue Shift?
Posts: 736
Threads: 46
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
07-31-2009, 11:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 12:54 AM by LunchPolice.)
(07-31-2009, 10:02 PM)-The Raytheon Experience- Wrote: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=spriting+%2B+hue+shift
Well...that doesn't make me feel stupid at all...
Thanks, though.
![[Image: tilesetshowoffh.png]](http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7956/tilesetshowoffh.png)
I'm not that happy with how the tree turned out, but here.
Posts: 9,905
Threads: 264
Joined: Jun 2008
it's because the leaf part is small. If you make it bigger and bushier, maybe it'll look good. Also, all your bigger PAs are dirty-looking.
Posts: 82
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2009
Ok, most people (I have this thread on 3 forums) seem to want me to make the bushy part a bit bigger, but I wanted to try with it's current size one more time.
How's this?
![[Image: tilesetshowoff.png]](http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8415/tilesetshowoff.png)
More tree-like?
Posts: 736
Threads: 46
Joined: Jun 2008
08-03-2009, 06:38 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 06:47 AM by Raytheon.)
nope, theyre right
make it a bit bigger
i think you should rework your 'main character'
i got really bored of this but i drew a less unbalanced pose really quickly
and try not to use selout on it either