Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Easiest Request Ever: Small Sprites
#16
Hey, that's everything (ignoring an abstract icon, but that's not as necessary)!

Up reps for everyone that helped~
#17
Oh and also:

[Image: 3005gyq.png]
Sexy~
#18
(06-10-2009, 10:30 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Holy shit Devicho you're always awesome. =000

Thanks a bunch. Heart
No problem, just glad you like them! :>
Thanks for the +rep, too!
#19
Just wondering, but waht are you going to use these for, grooveman?
#20
A cardgame project.

I whipped this up with the new icons you guys assisted me with.
[Image: vyxzyf.jpg]
Snazzy, huh?
#21
looks extremely generic :/
#22
Good design sensibilities account for ease of reading and clarity. I could make it extremely post-modern, but that would make it hard to read, and harder for people who are familiar with staple card design sensibilities (Which game doesn't matter - they all use the same or similar layout format) to adjust to something different. Even without knowing the rules, it's fairly clear how the card works.

I don't believe in 'different for the sake of being different'.
#23
Too many gradients show little design skill imo.

Remove some of the gradients and texture effects. Chop off some of the bottom, and make it all a little smaller except the icon - the icon looks awkwardly floaty on the card.
#24
A solid colour with a watermark on it would look at lot better than a gray gradient imo.
#25
Ahh, you're such a buzzkill. :V

I still have the pdf (and I keep changing the design anyway), so I'll see about removing the gradient. The brushed steel texture stays though (but probably less pronounced). I can't do much about the card dimensions.

[Image: nwy7f4.png]

Ignoring the fact that the borders need smoothing again, is this any better?
#26
vectorize our icons.

as in do it so they wouldnt look so out of place.
#27
I don't have illustrator and I'm rather ham-handed, so that potentially won't end well (I would've drawn them myself if I had the confidence in it not looking awful D=).
#28
save the icons as BMP, resize them to a secent size (4x)
upload to online vectorizing tool.
adjust
download
???
profit
#29
There are online vectorising tools? Well I be damned.
#30
http://vectormagic.com/home


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)