Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Tabuu's Takeover
#16
How is this a project?
#17
D'oh! I accidentally posted this topic in the wrong place!
#18
Maybe you could work on the glowing eye-thing (or whatever it is, since there's never a good pic of it) in his chest after you fix the coloration.

When you make the wings, don't edit Bass's Treble fusion wings.
#19
Okay, though I thought that eye-thing whatever it's called was visible enough on the sprite. As for the wings, I was going to custom those. Never really considered Bass's wings or found MM8 sprites of those. But I was going to do the wings last after the other attacks.

This is to make this topic into an actual project: Spriting the entire SubSpace Emissary. Here's my current progress: Glire, Glice and Glunder: 90% done and 100% custom[Image: gliregliceandglunderic0.png]
Mites: 80% done and 100% custom[Image: mitespritesvj3.png]
I have made some sprites of Primids, but I'll wait until enough sprites are done before posting them.
#20
Tabuu is hard to do, but you are doing a good job Big Grin
#21
Oh hey cool Megaman!
Oh wait, Tabuu? I'd much rather see a custom.
#22
Well, I did try to custom Tabuu, but that didn't turn out so well. So I went with an edit of Megaman for the Tabuu sprites.
#23
The Avenger Wrote:Well, I did try to custom Tabuu, but that didn't turn out so well. So I went with an edit of Megaman for the Tabuu sprites.

Everyone always says they tried that, I personally think it's laziness/lies, in most cases.
#24
Customness, man, customness. Megahead sprites suck anyway.

If you throw alot of effort and time into a custom work, it'll turn out way better than an edit. I found that out the hard way ^^
#25
TPoe Wrote:
The Avenger Wrote:Well, I did try to custom Tabuu, but that didn't turn out so well. So I went with an edit of Megaman for the Tabuu sprites.

Everyone always says they tried that, I personally think it's laziness/lies, in most cases.

Not lying and not lazy. I really did try to custom Tabuu, but hated the result.
Edit: Here's the proof: [Image: evolutionofaspriterf4.png]
The evolution of a Tabuu sprite.
It was just too big of a sprite for any kind of use, and wouldn't fit with other sprites in general.
#26
Mega Man sprites + Tabuu= Not so good...
#27
Corporal Tom Wrote:Mega Man sprites + Tabuu= Not so good...

Which is why it's still a work in progress.
#28
he major improvements you should focus on now are reworking the shading (since it still looks like a robot), removing the remnants of the robotic joint divisions (namely the elbows wrists and ankles), and evening out the appendages (since the upper arms/legs are skinny in comparison to the hands/feet and lower arms/legs).
#29
Virapets Wrote:Yea, the image says what I probably should have posted here. Oh well. Smile I'm not stealing, I'm just giving an example. (I hope I am allowed to do this. 0_0 )

[Image: TabuuSprite.png]

Some of the sprite's corners look rounded off. (Is that called cel-shading?)
#30
Tabuu is supposed to be friggin huge, and some sprites are very large >>;


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)