Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

Tabuu's Takeover
#1
I'm working on some sprites of Tabuu, the final boss of Super Smash Bros Brawl, and wanted some advice/critique on how it looks. I'm also using a Megaman 8 sprite for the base.

Here's what I have so far:
[Image: tabuutempspritesqk0.png]

I'm still not sure what it is, but for some reason I think I could do better on those binary-like lines that are on Tabuu. Anyway, I'm open to help/advice/critique/whatever on this!
#2
The Avenger Wrote:using a Megaman 8 sprite for the base.

That's a problem.

This doesn't look like Tabuu it looks like a Megaman character.
#3
Well, Megaman sprites are the closest to human-like sprites that I use and Tabuu is a human-like character.
#4
That does not look human. At least the face doesn't.
#5
Tabuu does not have large boots, gloves, a strange blue thing on top of his head, or an animal like face.
#6
I'll try to fix that. And what do you mean by animal-like face? Is it the way I shaded his head?
#7
The way the helment combines with the face in many Megaman sprites makes him (and many robot masters) have ape-like faces.
#8
Ah, ok. Well I did try to edit out the helmet and make the head a bit smaller to make him look more convincing.
#9
That does not look like Tabuu, and how is this a sprite project?
#10
Try to make it custom, it always turns out better that way.
#11
It's still a work in progress. Anyway, I made two animations of his idle/floating stance.

[Image: iconator43e729245863mo6.gif][Image: iconator43e729932001qs1.gif]
The one on the left is the old one, and the one on the right is the new one.
Which one looks better?
#12
out of those two, the right is much better.
#13
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the new version of my Tabuu sprites. I'm fixing up the spritesheet I have right now!
#14
last thing i knew he didn't have gloves or boots.
#15
That's one of the things I'm fixing now.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)