Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to The Spriters Resource.

SSB project
#1
K 1st post, 1st sheet made by me

As first post let me introduce myself. As most people could probably tell, my real name is Liam so feel free to just call me Liam. I don't spam, flame or break rules in any way, but I love a good joke. I am a responsible kid, age of 14, going on 15.

Like up in first line this is my first full on sprite background only other work I have done are recolours, adding clothes and merges.

The first in this series is Green hill, have a look at the starting base (so it isn't finished... Yet) and give me comments, hints, etc.

The Team

Liam543 - Captain
ZeroInsanity - Co-Captain
Corporal Tom - Recorder (keeps records of sprites) + Spriter
M.Vit - Recorder (keeps records of sprites) + Spriter
Kirbyace - Spriter
KillerAslox - Spriter + Editor + Effect Creator


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
#2
it's a good start, but make sure you make the checkpoints+ the loop breaking.
#3
I think it needs less depth
#4
Forget what depth is
#5
Even for a beginner your sprite sheets are looking pretty good so far but it will be helpful if you can put in the background to give it more detail and that.
#6
Forget the background for now. Work on midground elements like the trees and flowers. Also, include the smaller details you see in the reference image, as they will compleet the sense of realism.

Make sure the checkpoint stand and break-away floor are included.

Still, this is a great start.Smile
#7
May be hard 4 break away platform. like I said, don't have the game so can't get screenshots
#8
liam543 Wrote:May be hard 4 break away platform. like I said, don't have the game so can't get screenshots

Go to http://www.smashbros.com
Loads of pics for stages items and other stuffBig Grin
#9
New Update
#10
It's looking better.
I understand that the trees and the curved grass overhang still aren't complete, so I won't comment on them yet.
The ramp texture looks good, but the angle is a little off.
I like how you added the indentation in the ground on the right, but the one of the left is still missing.
The checkpoint post should be kept separate from the stage pieces, because it moves throughout the match. Also, it needs to have a pose where the blue part is red and swining on its lower axis.
Keep up the good work. Smile
#11
The 2nd last update all I need is the background.
#12
logs on the left need to have a wider circumference, but very little
#13
Started new sheet. It's a custom Lucario edit from the Pokemon mystery dungeon 2 sheet Check it up top
#14
thats pretty amazing - and you consider your self a beginner ^^
anyways, i think the check point should be seperated from the sheet.
also, on the actual picture, the slopes seem more like a circle, where as on yours one side is steeper than it should be, making it look weird...

good luck with your project ^^
#15
Lucario Sheet done if you have requests or want to help feel free to ask


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)